Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Question: Hello there , i was hoping you could put me in contact with someone who can help with a wet room?

Answer : We would advise the following:

  • that you consider using approved traders from Dudley Trading Standard's Fix-A-Home scheme. You can request a copy of the list of approved traders by telephoning 08454 040506, in person at various Council offices including Dudley Council Plus and the Directorate of the Urban Environment offices in 3 St James's Road, Dudley, or by using their website . The leaflet is also available in audio and in large print format.
  • that you consider using personal recommendations from people you know who have had similar work carried out.
  • that you ensure any builder/trader that you use will adhere to Part M of the Building Regulations which details standards for accessible bathrooms. You can find more details regarding Part M on the following website
  • that you obtain three separate quotes from reputable traders before selecting a trader to carry out the work.
  • that you ensure any trader that you use is correctly certificated and has the relevant insurance.
  • You may also find more useful information on our website under the 'useful information' tab.

Question : Having a blue badge, I would like to know if there is a small copy available i e credit card size to carry on me. Also I would like to know where a toilet key can be purchased.

Answer: We would advise the following:

Or from Keep Able, Brierley Hill at a cost of £4.99 without VAT:
Keep Able Brierley Hill
Unit 3/4 Sterling Park
Pedmore Road
Brierley Hill
West Midlands
Tel: 01384 473719
Fax: 01384 473718

We hope you find this information useful.